Postdoctoral Research Associate Position
We are searching for a full-time postdoctoral research associate with background in ocean biogeochemistry and/or paleoceanography. The successful candidate will use cutting-edge stable isotope analyses to investigate biogeochemical cycles in the modern and past oceans. The initial appointment will be for two years with the possibility of extension depending on performance and available funding.
Degree Requirement: PhD degree in Geochemistry, Oceanography, Geobiology, or relevant field.
- Participates in the development, design, and conduct of research.
- Performs experiments and analyzes samples in a Clean Lab.
- Participates in field work when needed.
- Works independently on collection of data.
- Participates in the interpretation of data.
- Presents results at meetings or conferences.
- Publishes results in peer-reviewed journals
- Supervises graduate and undergraduate students.
- May apply for research grants and serve as co-P.I.
- PhD degree at time of appointment.
- Background in ocean biogeochemistry and/or paleoceanography.
- Prior experience performing independent lab work with complex techniques.
- Prior experience with isotope ratio mass spectrometers.
- Prior experience working in a Clean Lab.
- Prior experience in microbiology.
Please send a CV, names and contact information for 2-3 references, and a cover letter describing your background and suitability for this position to Dr. Xingchen (Tony) Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org). This position will remain open until filled.